By: Matt Bove
This is one of the hardest mock drafts I have ever had to do. For what it is worth, the mock draft I posted on this site last season won the NFL.com Predict The Pick Contest, so don't expect it to be any good this year :).
1. Chiefs- Eric Fischer OT Central Michigan- Been announced
2. Jaguars- Dion Jordan OLB Oregon- I think the Jaguars taking Fischer here is a smokescreen. Eugene Monroe is one of the few good players they have and it makes no sense to take a RT in the top 5.
3. Raiders- Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M- Joeckel will be the pick here, what team picks him is the question
4. Eagles- Lane Johnson LT Oklahoma Johnson is the perfect athlete for Chip Kelly's offense.
5. Lions- Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU- Lions get a replacement for Kyle Vanden Bosch
6. Browns- Barkevious Mingo OLB LSU- The Browns are reportedly hot on Mingo.
7. Cardinals-Star Lotulelei DT Utah- Best player available for the Cardinals
8. Bills- Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse- A terrible pick, but it sounds like the Bills are desperate for a QB and want Nassib.
9. Jets- Tavon Austin WR West Virginia- The Jets need playmakers
10. Titans- Sharif Floyd DT Florida- Titans pick up a good value in Floyd
11. Chargers- Chance Warmack- Chargers offensive line was a disaster last season.
12. Dolphins- Jonathan Cooper G North Carolina- Cooper is on the rise and there is talk of him going ahead of Warmack.
13. Jets- Dee Milliner CB Alabama- Milliner falls here because of medical concerns and Rex Ryan loves corners.
14. Panthers- Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri- The Panthers need to improve up the middle and Richardson is a good value.
15. Saints- Kenny Vaccaro S Texas- The Saints need to upgrade their secondary and Vaccaro is the best safety in the draft.
16. Rams- Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia- The Rams need help at LB and Jeff Fischer is not afraid of character risks.
17. Steelers- Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia- The Steelers get a steal in Jones to replace James Harrison.
18. Cowboys- D.J. Fluker OT Alabama- There is talk of Fluker going higher but not a lot of landing spots in the teens for him.
19. Giants- Tank Carradine DE Florida State- The Giants always want pass rushers and Justin Tuck looked like he was getting old last season.
20. Bears- Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame- Eifert would cause huge matchup problems up the seam with teams focusing on Brandon Marshall.
21. Bengals- Eric Reid S LSU- The Bengals like big school prospects so they go with Reid over Jonathan Cyprien.
22. Rams- DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson- Sam Bradford needs playmakers to help him.
23. Vikings- Sylvester Williams DT North Carolina- All key contributors to the Vikins defensive line are free agents next year.
24. Colts- D.J. Hayden CB Houston- Hayden is one of the big risers of the draft right now.
25. Vikings- Manti Te'o MLB Notre Dame- The Vikings' interest in Te'o has been one of the worst kept secrets of the draft.
26. Packers- Datone Jones DE UCLA- The Packers are thrilled to have Jones fall in their laps to help their defensive line.
27. Texans- Justin Hunter WR Tennessee- The Texans need a wide receiver opposite Andre Johnson and Hunter has had a lot of first round buzz surrounding him.
28. Broncos- Bjoern Werner DE Florida St.- With Elvis Dumervill gone the Broncos need somebody opposite Von Miller.
29. Patriots- Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St.- Rhodes falls all the way to the Patriots and they need secondary help.
30. Falcons- Desmond Trufant CB Washington- The Falcons need a CB in a big way and Trufant is good value.
31. 49ers- Jonathan Cyprien S FIU- A replacement for Dashon Goldson.
32. Ravens- Arthur Brown ILB Kansas State- A replacement for Ray Lewis.